Delivery, Returns, Refund & Warranty Policy
Estimated Shipping inc processing times
2 - 14 business days via Australia Post and Courier Services
We have warehouses countrywide and where possible, we ship from a warehouse in your area, just to speed up the process.
Please note that the above is just an estimate and during peak or busy times, the delivery time frame will take longer. But rest assured, we know you want your items as soon as possible and we will do everything we can to rush every order.
Track Your Order: Australia Post
To check the status of your delivery visit Australia Post Tracking with your tracking number.
Track Your Order: Sendle
To check the status of your delivery visit Sendle with your tracking number.
For orders shipped in Australia the shipping costs will be calculated during checkout.
* Please note that tracking is not live. In most cases the Shipping website will not show anything before the shipment has been scanned at the point of its destination.
Relax. If you change your mind, simply return your unopened product to us within 30 days for a refund or exchange (less the cost of shipping). Instructions outlined below.
Returns due to change of mind
What to do:
- Contact Us within 30 days of receiving the item - with your name and order number.
- Item must be kept unopened and unused with all original packaging and contents.
- Post the item back to us with an insured and tracked postage service, packed in secure packaging.
- Send us the postage tracking number.
Please note that we don't refund the cost of postage. Shipping costs are non-refundable. If you receive a refund, the cost of return shipping will be deducted from your refund. We also highly recommend sending using a tracked and insured postage service as we will not accept and compensate for items which are lost or damaged in transit.
What we'll do:
- Once we receive the returned item, you can choose to (1) receive a refund of the purchase price (less cost of shipping), or (2) exchange for a different item by paying for any price differences and the cost to redeliver.
If an item is found to be opened, used or damaged, it will not be eligible for a refund or exchange, and will be returned to you at your expense.
Returns due to faulty or damaged product
What to do:
- Check our Product Support page and the manufacturer's website for support and/or patches which can provide solutions to common problems.
- If the problem persists, please contact us with your order number and a detailed description of the problem (photos/videos of the fault will be appreciated). We will help you to the best of our abilities.
- If return is necessary, a returns authorisation will be provided to send the item back to us or to an authorized service center.
- Only post items with an insured and tracked postage service, packed in secure packaging, as we will not accept and compensate for items which are lost or damaged in transit
What we'll do:
- Test the faulty item to determine the fault.
- Offer you a replacement, repair, or refund depending on the nature of the problem.
Please note that if (1) the product is found to be working, (2) the fault/damage is due to misuse, neglect or reasonable wear and tear, or (3) the product is not one which was purchased from us (e.g. mismatching serial numbers, different stocked product), then unfortunately we cannot offer you a remedy. You will be charged a re-delivery fee to have the items returned to you.
Note: We do not refund for the postage back to Nimbull Smart Home
How can I be eligible for Refund, Return, Warranty Claim or Consumer Guarantee Claim?
To be eligible for a refund, return, warranty claim or consumer guarantee claim consumers must meet the following requirements:
- report the details of the fault and take the goods back to nimbullsmarthome.com.au or return them by post or courier.
- state what remedy you would like Nimbullsmarthome.com.au does not guarantee that the remedy you request will be granted;
- provide proof of purchase when returning the goods;
- stop using the faulty item;
- ensure reasonable care is taken while the goods are in your possession.
- be sure that you did not cause the fault ie. fault was not caused by the product being used in an abnormal or non-recommended way. Such a use may be noted in the manufacturer’s warranty as rendering the manufacturer’s warranty void;
- the product must not be disposed of, lost or destroyed. In other words, we need to be able to prove that the product has failed; and
- not have reduced in value by delay on the customer's part. Customers should bring faults to nimbullsmarthome.com.au attention soon after they occur.
- nimbullsmarthome.com.au recommends that you carefully review the details of the manufacturer’s warranty (if such a warranty applies) and ensure that you comply with the terms and conditions of the manufacturer’s warranty. nimbullsmarthome.com.au accepts no responsibility for non-compliance with the manufacturer’s warranty.
How do I receive my refund or nimbullsmarthome.com.au (store credit)?
- Credit cannot be redeemed for cash
- nimbullsmarthome.com.au credit is not transferable and refundable
- You will only receive your nimbullsmarthome.com.au credit once the order is shipped out. In an event if your order is cancelled then you will not get your nimbullsmarthome.com.au credit.
- nimbullsmarthome.com.au Credit can only be used online orders.
- nimbullsmarthome.com.au reserves the right to change the terms and condition of nimbullsmarthome Credit without further notice.
Returning goods to nimbullsmarthome.com.au
nimbullsmarthome.com.au do not take responsibility for any goods damaged or lost in transit when the customer sends the product back to us for warranty or return. The manufacturer’s warranty may be void if the product is damaged in transit. Please ensure the product is packed appropriately for shipping before sending it back to us.
If you are unsure about how to pack a product appropriately for shipping please contact us. The consumer is responsible for any and all charges associated with returning the goods to nimbullsmarthome.com.au except where the cost of transporting the goods is significant due to the size, height or type of problem with the goods. Some charges may be reimbursed by nimbullsmarthome.com.au to the consumer where the consumer is entitled at law to have those charges reimbursed to them.
Please send to nimbullsmarthome.com.au Suite 111, Level 1, 283 Alfred Street North Sydney, NSW, Australia, 2060
For RTB (return to base) manufacturer’s warranty claims: customers are required to send the unit back to nimbullsmarthome.com.au or to the authorized service centre with proof of purchase and a detailed fault description.
For Manufacturer direct warranty claims: customers are recommended to contact the manufacturer for expert technical support & warranty assistance, to lodge warranty claims and organise pickup or delivery. Please note, nimbullsmarthome.com.au do not provide pickup services on behalf of the manufacturer/3rd party service centres. Please read manufacturer’s warranty cards/manuals for additional information regarding support and warranty.
In cases were goods are returned to us for repair that contain User Generated Data (as that term is defined in the Competition and Consumer Act 2010 (Cth)) we advise that repairing the goods may result in the loss of the User Generated Data. User Generated Data may include (but is not limited to) data stored on a computer hard drive, mobile phone, IPod, digital camera or USB.
Special Orders, Clearance, Discontinued Items, Free products, Software and Consumable Products
nimbullsmarthome.com.au do not accept the return or exchange if consumers
- simply changed their mind;
- no longer require due to changed personal circumstances;
- found the product cheaper somewhere else;
- the goods are damaged due to misuse; or
- already knew of a particular fault in a product or we advised you of a particular fault in a product prior to purchase.
A limited warranty may also apply for clearance, discontinued, or free product. Please read the product description or contact us for more details if you are unsure whether a product within the category above has limited warranty or not.
Before any manufacturer’s warranty claim, consumers are requested to make sure the product is:
- Not affected by being used incorrectly or in an abnormal way. Such a use may be noted in the warranty as rendering it void, or it may be a use that you wouldn't reasonably expect the product to perform.
- Not disposed of, lost or destroyed. In other words, there needs to be proof that the product has failed.
- Not reduced in value by delay on the customer's part. Customers should bring faults to nimbullsmarthome.com.au’ attention soon after they occur.
nimbullsmarthome.com.au is not a manufacturer or authorized service centre, therefore it is highly recommended that customers contact the manufacturer's technical support directly for any troubleshooting or technical support advice before you return the product to us for a warranty claim. Some of these manufacturer provided support services are free and may provide you expert technical advice. If the product is deemed faulty, in many cases, a tech support case number is assigned.
This can expedite the warranty process when lodging a warranty claim with nimbullsmarthome.com.au or directly with the manufacturer.
Some manufacturers provide onsite or pickup and delivery services as is most common with warranty services. These direct manufacturer services, in general, allow for a quicker turnaround of warranty claims.
Due to the Privacy Act, nimbullsmarthome.com.au cannot apply for a warranty claim on the customer's behalf directly with the manufacturer.
If the manufacturer directs you to return the product back to us then you should lodge a warranty request emailing email@example.com
Please note: The actual manufacturer’s warranty process may vary for different manufacturers and/or suppliers, so we cannot provide an accurate timeframe of how long the process will take for a particular product in the first instance. Status updates are provided once further information is received from the manufacturers, their service centre or agents.
nimbullsmarthome.com.au also reserves the right to apply any service fees for any warranty claims to cover all costs incurred including inbound & return freight, supplier/manufacturer service fees etc if the returned product is found to be not covered by warranty, warranty has expired, or no fault is found or the item was physically damaged.
Showroom Pick Up and Order Policy
We are purely an online store only and therefore function differently from a traditional retail store
The following Policy is applied to help us help you.
- All pick ups can only be collected once we have processed your order and have sent you a verification email or phone call stating that your order is ready for pick up.
- Showroom walk-in orders may experience wait times depending on demand
- Stock may not be available for Showroom walk-in orders due to priority allocations to online orders
COLLECTION OF ALL ORDERS IS BETWEEN 9AM - 5:00PM Tuesday and Thursday
- All orders ready for pick up but are not picked up within 3 weeks will be classed as uncollected and therefore will be cancelled and a minimum 20% restocking fee applied
A backorder occurs when we don't have the product in stock and will need to order it from our suppliers. This procedure generally takes 3 - 14 days for the stock to arrive at our showroom. Usually when backorders occur we will notify you the estimated time of arrival (ETA) by email or phone.
Order Modify / Cancellation
No modification of orders (changing items) can occur after your order has been approved and is in the "Processing" status.
Dispatch times are subject to stock availability and may vary due to stock being sold out.
Delivery & Return Policy
Your total cost for purchase of any product will include shipping and handling charges shown on the nimbullsmarthome.com.au invoice and before you place your order online.
Please note that customers are responsible for all freight charges for re-deliveries, incorrect delivery details and these are added to the invoice total.
Items unavailable (no stock)
Orders are released for despatch when all products have been allocated to the order.
Any items that are unavailable due to a change in stock availability will be placed on back order. nimbullsmarthome.com.au will endeavour to fulfil your backorder as soon as possible and will notify you or update your item status with ETAs where possible. Should suppliers also not have the product in stock then you may request a modification, refund or store credit for the item/s and request a part shipment of your order.
Please check our web site for the back ordered item's estimated time of arrival. Please note that these dates are estimates, and are not guaranteed to arrive on that date. Your product(s) will be promptly shipped as soon as the product arrives. No additional shipping fees will be charged.
Your account will be charged for the entire order, so that nimbullsmarthome.com.au can reserve the product and price for you. If this is not acceptable, you may cancel that portion of the order, and request an immediate credit
Risk of Loss
nimbullsmarthome.com.au will arrange for shipment of ordered product(s) to the Customer, Free On Board (F.O.B.) shipping point, meaning title to the product(s), except software, and risk of loss passes to the Customer upon delivery to the carrier.
nimbullsmarthome.com.au reserves a purchase money security interest in the product(s) until its receipt of the full amount due. Customer agrees to allow nimbullsmarthome.com.au to sign appropriate documents on Customer's behalf to permit nimbullsmarthome.com.au to protect its purchase money security interest.
Title to software will remain with the licensor(s). All software is provided subject to the license agreement of the software maker. The Customer agrees to be bound by any software license agreement once the seal on the package is broken. nimbullsmarthome.com.au will advise the Customer of estimated shipping dates, but nimbullsmarthome.com.au will, under no circumstances, be responsible for delays in delivery, and associated damages, due to events beyond its reasonable control, including without limitation, acts of God or public enemy, acts of federal, state or local government, fire, floods, civil disobedience, strikes, lockouts, and freight embargoes.
Payment Ways & Terms
Orders: An order is not binding upon nimbullsmarthome.com.au until it is accepted & approved by nimbullsmarthome.com.au. nimbullsmarthome.com.au must receive full payment before it will accept, approve & process an order. Payment for product(s) ordered is due prior to shipment & back orders (pre-order).
nimbullsmarthome.com.au.com.au only accept payments made by;
• Credit or Debit Card
• Shopify payment – powered by stripe
Credit Card Fee: We have Credit Card Bank Transaction Fee 1.75% of each transaction + 30¢ on VISA, MasterCard, 2.9% of each transaction + 30¢ on American Express
nimbullsmarthome.com.au Credit Card Verification
As part of our verification process we will utilise various procedures to ensure ultimate protection to the Credit Card holder.
These processes may include but not limited to charging a small amount randomly under $2 requiring confirmation prior to approval; verbal verification via phone or a request for written Authorization, photo identification including valid Driver Licence, Utilities bill or the copy of the credit card or a request for your bank statement displaying the debit entry
nimbullsmarthomecom.au may also use a verification service powered by BankStatements.com.au, the Australian leader in automated bank statement data retrieval. Since 2013 BankStatements.com.au has provided secure, automated data retrieval services to over a quarter of a million Australians as part of their credit applications.
Please note: nimbullsmarthome.com.au reports all attempted credit card fraud immediately to Australian Federal Police (www.afp.gov.au)
• nimbullsmarthome.com.au Credit cannot be redeemed for cash
• nimbullsmarthome.com.au Credit is not transferable and refundable
• nimbullsmarthome.com.au reserves the right to change the terms and condition of nimbullsmarthome.com.au Credit program without further notice
Product Information Policy
Our website is updated frequently to ensure that you'll view the latest products and correct pricing available, and that you receive all of the latest savings. At the time you make a purchase you agree to the listed price. The listed price is subject to change.
nimbullsmarthome.com.au reserves the right to make changes and corrections in prices, products and specifications without notice due to errors arising from misprints, technical and human errors.
Product Images and other Images
All product images on nimbullsmarthome.com.au website may vary from the actual product. All typographical errors are subject to correction. Please note that images are only to be used as a point of reference and are not indicative, in any way, of the actual product.
Product Descriptions and Specifications
Please be assured that Nimbullsmarthome.com.au make every effort to ensure product description accuracy, however specifications, features, documents and graphics published may contain technical inaccuracies or typographical errors. If an error is made or a product is listed at an incorrect price, nimbullsmartshome.com.au will endeavor to correct the error as soon as possible.
Should you receive an order which does not match the online product description please contact nimbullsmarthome.com.au.
Please note that product availability is subject to change at any time. Stock showing as available at time of ordering may sell out and therefore be on backorder.
nimbullsmarthome.com.au will endeavor to fulfill your order as soon as possible and will notify you or update your item status with ETAs where possible. Should suppliers also not have the product in stock then you may request a modification, refund or store credit.
Webcrawlers (MyShopping, StaticIce, Google etc)
nimbullsmarhome.com.au.com.au does not accept any responsibility for errors made by companies such as MyShopping, StaticIce etc who retrieve data from our site and list it on their own. In these circumstances it is the end users responsibility to ensure that what they are ordering is correct. If you have any questions concerning a product please do not hesitate to contact us, please keep in mind we do not refund or exchange for incorrect purchases.
Governing Law and Jurisdiction
Any dispute arising out of or related to these Terms and Conditions or the sales transaction between nimbullsmarthome.com.au and Customer shall be governed by the laws of the State of New South Wales or as defined by the Australian Consumer Law.
If any provision contained in this agreement is or becomes invalid, illegal, or unenforceable in whole or in part, such invalidity, illegality, or unenforceability shall not affect the remaining provisions and portions of this agreement, and the invalid, illegal, or unenforceable provision shall be deemed modified so as to have the most similar result that is valid and enforceable under applicable law.
The failure of either party to require performance by the other party of any provision of this agreement shall not affect in any way the first party's right to require such performance at any time thereafter. Any waiver by either party of a breach of any provision in this agreement shall not be taken or held by the other party to be a continuing waiver of that provision unless such waiver is made in writing.
These terms and conditions, together with the nimbullsmarthome.com.au invoice respecting the products ordered by Customer, are the complete and exclusive agreement between nimbullsmarthome.com.au and Customer, and they supersede all prior or contemporaneous proposals, oral or written, understandings, representations, conditions, warranties, and all other communications between nimbullsmarthome.com.au and Customer relating to the subject products. This agreement may not be explained or supplemented by any prior course of dealings or trade by custom or usage.
Limitation of Liability
Subject to ‘Competition and Consumer Act’ set out below our total liability with respect to any statutory guarantees (as that term is defined in the Competition and Consumer Act 2010 (Cth) (“CCA”)) when a problem with a product purchased by a consumer is major is limited to:
(a) payment to the consumer of the cost of purchasing the goods; or
(b) replacement of the goods or the supply of equivalent goods; or
(c) payment of an amount equivalent to any drop in value of the goods as a result of the major failure.
Subject to ‘Competition and Consumer Act’ set out below our total liability with respect to any statutory guarantee owed to a consumer when a problem with a product purchased by a consumer from us is minor is limited, at our option to:
(a) the replacement of the goods; or
(b) the repair of the goods; or
(c) the payment of the cost or replacing the goods or of acquiring equivalent goods.
All express or implied representations, conditions, statutory guarantees, warranties and provisions (whether based on statute, common law or otherwise) relating to these terms and conditions, that are not contained in it, are excluded to the fullest extent permitted by law.
Competition and Consumer Act
Nothing in this document excludes, restricts or modifies any condition, warranty, statutory guarantee, right or remedy, implied or imposed by common law, statute or regulation which cannot be lawfully excluded, restricted or modified, which may include the Competition and Consumer Act 2010 (Cth) and corresponding provisions and relevant laws containing implied terms and/or statutory guarantees which operate to protect the purchasers of goods and services in various circumstances.